The seas and the mountains await…
(This trip is no longer available)
All it takes is a soft breeze to blow our sails and the edge of the horizon is a feasible destination. That is the magic of sailing. No limitations by fuel or weather conditions. You choose a destination and you simply get there , time doesn’t matter. Besides, on a sailing boat ,holidays start the moment you set foot on it as the aim in not simply to get somewhere. Sailingsouthcrete goes to the sea as well as the mountain offering great hiking opportunities, using as a driving force the wind and people who love nature and adventure. Together we can travel for a day so that you can get a taste of sailing in Chania and enjoy a swim in the peaceful bay of Chania or we can travel for more days in Crete and to the wonderful Aegean islands experiencing the open sea on a sailing boat. Moreover, we can climb without ropes right above the water or we can hike on the amazing waterfront trails of Crete.
It’s really fantastic to walk the most beautiful trails in Crete and your hotel follows you! The experienced mountain guide Christos Paterakis (who is also the captain of the boat) will guide you safely and responsibly, suggesting the ideal route for you. The choices are many and include high mountain trails, canyons and the beautiful coastal path that connects Sfakia with Paleochora. Our boat will follow you and we can arrange our tour according to your abilities, weather conditions and how much you would like to walk.
We can arrange for you to cross the Samaria Gorge and then pick you up from Agia Roumeli, ending your excursion with a sailing pleasure in Southern Crete. Ideally it can be done in two days, having time to see the beaches on the south side.
book now your private sailing trip!
Sailing trip information
- Swimming and hiking in the most beautiful isolated beaches
- Explore the magic underwater life with our snorkelling equipment
- Enjoy a leisurely swim in crystal waters and feel privacy without other people or other yachts around you
- We will organise together the ideal trip for you being versatile and flexible
- Accomodation on board
- English speaking captain and crew on board
- Basic sailing lesson
- Hosting under request
- Snorkelling equipment
- Port fees
- Alcoholic drinks
Amenities & Facilities
- 4 cabins (one of them is used by the crew).You can read more details about our sailing boat on the relevant page.
- Large living room
- Dining table (one inside the boat and another one outside)
- Fully equipped kitchen with oven,cooker and sink
- 3 toilets with hot water shower (one of them is used by the crew)
- Deck shower with hot water
- Comfortable deck for relaxation and sunbathing
- Fire pump, hammer and fire extinguisher
- Life vests for adults and children
- Child protection nets
- Usb socket
- 220V socket