Up with the anchor, the white sails are raised and as soon as the wind blows we are off to another paradise in Crete, the famous Balos lagoon.We now see the beautiful town of Chania from a different prospective with its tall mountains standing proudly above the sea. After a while all we see is the blue colour of the sky and the sea and passing by the first peninsula of Crete we are heading straight to the famous lagoon of Balos and to the island of Gramvousa or else the island of the pirates. The clear green waters and an old shipwreck welcome us to the bay and as soon as we anchor at the small harbour we sense the “pirate” energy of the place.
The landscape prepares you for something exotic as if the galleon has just let the pirates off. The beautiful Venetian fortress, which was built in the 16th century to protect them from the Turks, stands proudly above the small harbour attracting us like a magnet. Embrasures, strongholds and an amazing watchtower of the Cretan Sea to admire while the crystal waters tempt us to take a swim. At night, around the campfire we will tell the best sailing stories ( fake most of them …) and we will taste fresh fish caught by our captain.
On the next day after we enjoy our swim in the crystal clear waters, we will return and at around sunset we will enter with sails the old harbour of Chania town. Balos lagoon and its surounding islands (Gramvousa islets) is a must trip if you are interested in a sailing trip in the north west part of the island.
book now your private sailing trip!
Sailing trip information
- Free transfer to the port and back to your hotel (contact us for details)
- Discover the Pirates island and feel the ”pirate” energy of the place
- Explore the magic underwater life with our snorkelling equipment
- Enjoy a leisurely swim in exotic waters of Lagoon of Balos
- Enjoy your swimming in the totally safe waters
- We will organise together the ideal trip for you being versatile and flexible
- Accomodation on board
- English speaking captain and crew on board
- Basic sailing lesson
- Hosting under request
- Snorkelling equipment
- Port fees
- Transfer to the port and back
- Alcoholic drinks
Amenities & Facilities
- 4 cabins (one of them is used by the crew).You can read more details about our sailing boat on the relevant page.
- Large living room
- Dining table (one inside the boat and another one outside)
- Fully equipped kitchen with oven,cooker and sink
- 3 toilets with hot water shower (one of them is used by the crew)
- Deck shower with hot water
- Comfortable deck for relaxation and sunbathing
- Fire pump, hammer and fire extinguisher
- Life vests for adults and children
- Child protection nets
- Usb socket
- 220V socket