Certainly, one of the best trips someone can take in the Greek seas having a genuine sense of seclusion. We will set sail from the south and after covering just 21 miles of open sea we will arrive at the southernmost tip of Europe. Everything here is in a different dimension and tranquility plays the leading role. The beaches are totally deserted and isolated, one more beautiful than the next, and the heavenly natural bays are ideal to enjoy calm evenings under the stars. Moreover, in Gavdos the Milky Way is visible and is one of the best places in the world to see and photograph the galaxy because of the geographic location. Surely, the time you spend in Gavdos is never enough , an island which is so close and at the same time so far away from Europe.
In Gavdos, there is only a small number of year-round residents and services for tourists are very basic. As of 2011, the total population of Gavdos was 152 inhabitants. In fact , fewer than 50 people live permanently on the island. In the summer, there are more than 3000 people, most of whom are campers and tourists who stay at specific spots. Fortunately, with our sailing boat we can always visit magnificent remote beaches of the island which very few visitors can enjoy.
Our plan for this trip
- we need about 3 hours to get to Gavdos island from the port of Chora Sfakion
- our first dive is in Sarakiniko bay when we arrive in Gavdos
- on the second day we sail round of the island and we swim at Tripiti bay (the southernmost tip in Europe), Potamos bay
- on the first night we will sleep in Karave port and on the second night in Tripiti bay or Sarakiniko bay (depending on the weather conditions)
Our suggestions for this trip
- ideally, you need more than 2 days to relax and enjoy the island
- a hiking tour around the island is also recommended and can be arranged
book now your private sailing trip!
send us a request for more information!
Sailing trip information
- Free transfer to the port and back to your hotel (contact us for details)
- Discover the most beautiful isolated and exotic beaches in the southernmost tip of Europe
- Enjoy swimming in perfectly safe waters
- Explore the magic underwater life with our snorkelling equipment
- Enjoy a leisurely swim in crystal clear waters and experience absolute privacy without other people or other yachts around you
- Relaxing evenings under the stars and the Milky way ( visible from Gavdos)
- We will organise together the ideal trip for you being versatile and flexible
- Accomodation on board
- English speaking captain and crew on board
- Basic sailing lesson
- Hosting under request
- Snorkelling equipment
- Port fees
- Transfer to the port and back
- Alcoholic drinks
Amenities & Facilities
- 4 cabins (one of them is used by the crew).You can read more details about our sailing boat on the relevant page.
- Large living room
- Dining table (one inside the boat and another one outside)
- Fully equipped kitchen with oven,cooker and sink
- 3 toilets with hot water shower (one of them is used by the crew)
- Deck shower with hot water
- Comfortable deck for relaxation and sunbathing
- Fire pump, hammer and fire extinguisher
- Life vests for adults and children
- Child protection nets
- Usb socket
- 220V socket